Why are we here?
The BECC is a membership-based organisation first and foremost which is run for and by business people.
We aim to help businesses and entrepreneurial minds make and exploit connections within and between the UK and Estonian business communities.
How do we do that?
We connect people and ideas within the BECC membership and provide referrals for new opportunities. We provide members with every opportunity to ‘make the connection’ by broadening their scope of networking and cooperation potential.
We provide international reach:
- The BECC and its members are part of British Chamber of Commerce’s Global Business Network.
- The BECC and its members are part the Foreign Investors’ Council in Estonia (FICE).
- The BECC UK representatives support our activities in Britain.
What do we do?
We organise regular social and business events for our members
We initiate trade missions and support market entry
We bridge relationships between the UK and Estonia businesses
The British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce (BECC) was founded in 1996 as the British-Estonian Business Forum. The name was changed to Chamber of Commerce in November 1999.
The Chamber is run by the Management Team and a board consisting of seven members, who come from various business backgrounds and can therefore provide BECC with a wide range of knowledge, especially for a newcomer to Estonia.
Our senior leadership throughout years has continued to build a culture of creativity, excellence and passion.
- 1999-2000 Chris McLean
- 2000-2001 Kevin Probert-Ehaver
- 2001-2002 Martin Dungay
- 2002-2003 Phillip Marsdale
- 2003-2004 Phillip Marsdale
- 2004-2005 Phillip Marsdale
- 2005-2008 Märt Haamer
- 2008-2009 Paul Taylor
- 2009-2011 Phillip Marsdale
- 2011-2012 Ardi Roosimaa
- 2012-2015 James Oates
- 2015-2015 Leo O’Neill
- 2015-2016 Richard Barnwell
- 2016-2018 James Oates
- 2018-2019 Karen K. Burns
- 2019- … Phillip Marsdale